Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Finding Presence

"Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin." Mother Theresa.

It's 5 am and I am awake. Wide awake. It's been 5 days since I returned from traveling in Asia for a year. I have been waking up each morning at around this time because I am feeling the effects of jet lag. It's amazing though, I have found this quiet solitude in the early mornings. I know eventually my sleep cycle will go back to normal, but while it's like this, I will enjoy the early dark mornings. It has given me time to be quiet and reflect upon my experiences while traveling. I arrived back into America, flying into LAX, on Oct 2, and I was so happy to see my Dad and Sister as I walked out of the airport. It's amazing how no matter how long its been, it's always so comfortable to see the people who mean the most to you. As I walked the frigid halls of the airport, I felt the anxiousness in my stomach. I thought, "This is it, I have closed a chapter in my life and I am moving onto the next, but I could not be more excited about the future.." Since I have arrived back in California, I am finding myself so focused on the present. The smell of the air, the breeze in the wind, the sound of the Pacific Ocean...so many of these things seemed to have created a sense of timelessness and tranquility. I am glad to be back in California, and I am embracing everything that I have missed during my yearlong travel. This does not go to say though that I do not already miss many aspects about Asia. I will miss the wonderful spirit and mystical spiritualism of that land. I know I went there for a reason, and I know I will be back. Traveling with no agenda allowed for me to experience true simplicity, presence, and pure joy. Waking up every morning, I found myself so excited for the next adventure, the next conversation I would have, and the love I would find in the land all around me. I found by living each day as new, each day as whole, each day in the NOW, that I could so easily manifest what I wanted. Manifestation is a powerful tool, and it can only be truly utilized by being in the present moment. Let's all go out there TODAY, and live our lives to the fullest.

This is my new lifestyle blog, promoting love, peace, acceptance and all things good in life. I will be reliving many of the experiences I had on my travels and many of the experiences I still have to come.
Come be apart of my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment